Saturday, March 30, 2013

Lady Wisdom

"Skilled living gets its start in the Fear-of-God,
insight into life from knowing a Holy God.
It’s through me, Lady Wisdom, that your life deepens,
and the years of your life ripen.
Live wisely and wisdom will permeate your life;
mock life and life will mock you."-Proverbs 9:10-12

 

   Memories has its course to follow. It reminds us of moments sweet, tender and loving about family and friends. But, it is a shadow of a reminder of stupid things we've done:)

   I can recall my elementary years...kindness of my mom, but a terror of abuse from other family members. I can recall the "ugly" phase too! School pictures, my hair texture and working with that thru rollers(ugh)!

   The middle school years...I was just an angry girl. I was bullied and I was mean to others because I was mad!

   The high school years...my choir class was my refuge, just plain safety. I grew, I was unsure, but I was what you would call a "late-bloomer" of sorts:) My mind, my thinking, my body image, my femininity, my voice...I'm sure you can reflect on your time too(awkward silence). I remember my first kiss(nasty)! My first boyfriend(weird)! Those times were just dumb, young and shows inexperience can be a constant companion:)
 
   University years...this is where my inexperience began to show. I was just unaware...culture, life, making friends, life choices, boyfriends. You name it, I've seen it! By the fifth year, I was wasted, lost, no anchor or grounding-I lacked wisdom and it was a frail reminder of how, when untaught, lack of wisdom can shape the most youthful minds to the depths of loneliness. But that isn't where my life ended...that is where my life began:)
 
   My life began in the pit of not having anything to turning to a God of wonder:) He was soo rich and I was so poor in every way but we had the most excellent exchange! My nothing for His everything:) That sounded like a great trade off that seemed to be too good-to-be-true!
 
My brokeness...His healing
My lack...for all of His abundance
My loneliness...His friendship
My lack of family...He's my family
My unloveliness...His beauty
My lack of wisdom...His pure wisdom
My history of memories...His mind...pure
 
   Where many think my life ended, that's where it began. It began in an old theatre on old, stained carpets listening to the tune of this beautiful exchange. I was 23, young, inexperienced, foolish and left that building with a mind at rest...feeling so clean, so free and eyes wide with wonder.

   That was Wisdom's beautiful exchange.

"You’re blessed when you meet Lady Wisdom,
when you make friends with Madame Insight.
She’s worth far more than money in the bank;
her friendship is better than a big salary.
Her value exceeds all the trappings of wealth;
nothing you could wish for holds a candle to her.
With one hand she gives long life,
with the other she bestows recognition.
Her manner is beautiful,
her life wonderfully complete.
She’s the very Tree of Life to those who embrace her. Hold her tight—and be blessed!"  
Proverbs 3:13-18
                                          
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment